Three teenagers killed by a shooter at a Michigan high school have been identified

0
82

The township of Oxford is located in the state of Michigan. According to authorities, a 15-year-old sophomore opened fire at his Michigan high school on Tuesday, killing three pupils and injuring eight others, along with at least one teacher.

Investigators were still attempting to figure out a reason for the shooting at Oxford High School in Oxford Township, a city of approximately 22,000 people about 30 miles (48 kilometres) .He also said that he was aware of claims circulating on social media that the about 1,700-student school had been threatened with a shooting before Tuesday’s incident, but he advised against accepting that narrative until police could check into it.

The suspect’s name was not immediately released, but McCabe said deputies apprehended him without difficulty minutes after arriving at the school in response to a barrage of 911 calls about just the attack, which occurred soon before 1 p.m. He added that deputies also found the suspect’s tractor trailer weapon and multiple clips used throughout the attack.

Advertisement

A 16-year-old boy and two 14- and 17-year-old girls were among the three kids killed, according to McCabe. As of 5 p.m., two of the wounded were awaiting surgery, while the other six were in stable condition, he said.

According to McCabe, the suspect’s parents paid a visit to their son in custody and persuaded him not to speak to investigators, as is his prerogative. To speak with a minor suspect, police must first obtain permission from the suspect’s parents or guardians, he added.

McCabe said he didn’t know if the suspect had had any previous run-ins with the cops or if he had any discipline history at school.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer also addressed at the press conference, choking up as she said, “I think this is every parent’s worst fear.”

Following the attack, the school was placed on lockdown, with some students taking refuge in sealed classrooms while officials scoured the campus. They were eventually escorted to a nearby Meijer grocery shop so their parents could pick them up.

WJBK-TV said that Isabel Flores, a 15-year-old ninth pupil, heard gunshots and witnessed another kid bleeding from the face. They immediately fled the area through the school’s back entrance, she said.

Detectives will comb through the school’s camera footage and social media posts for any indication of a probable motive, according to McCabe.

Read More: Deadline Approaching For The $1,400 Plus Up Fourth Stimulus Check

Robin Redding, a concerned parent, claimed her son, Treshan Bryant, is in the school’s 12th grade but remained home on Tuesday. She stated that he had received threats of a shooting.

Redding didn’t elaborate on what her kid had heard, but she did voice concern about school safety in general.

Bryant said he got a horrible feeling when he texted numerous younger relatives in the morning and they claimed they didn’t want to go to school. He asked his mother whether he could complete his homework on the internet.

Bryant said he’d been hearing vague threats regarding a school massacre “for a long time now.”

This month, school administrators released two letters to parents on the school’s website, claiming they were responding to claims of a threat to the school after a strange vandalism event.

Someone dropped a deer skull into a courtyard from of the school’s roof, sprayed numerous windows on the roof with red acrylic paint, and put the same paint on concrete near the school building, according to a Nov. 4 letter addressed by Principal Steve Wolf.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here