He is an American professional basketball player for the “Golden State Warriors” of the “NBA.” Stephen Curry has been dubbed the greatest shooter in NBA history by many players and analysts alike because he is the first child of Dell Curry, a three-point shooting legend in the league’s annals.
For the first time in NBA history, he has won the “NBA Most Valuable Player Award” twice in a row, including an unprecedented unanimous win. As head coach of the ‘Warriors,’ he guided the team to its first NBA championship in four decades, as well as the most wins in an NBA season ever achieved.
When he set the all-time scoring record for “Davidson” and the “Southern Conference” twice, he was named “Southern Conference Player of the Year.” Also, he broke the NCAA record for most three-pointers made in a season during his sophomore year.
For the second time in as many seasons (and as many attempts), he holds the NBA record for the most three-pointers made in the regular season. The nickname “Splash Brothers” is given to him and teammate Klay Thompson because of their record-breaking number of three-pointers made in a season.
Stephen Curry Childhood & Early Life
- Wardell ‘NBA’ player Dell Curry and his wife Sonya both played volleyball at ‘Virginia Tech,’ so Stephen Curry II was born in Akron, Ohio, on March 14, 1988.’ His brother Seth, a professional basketball player for the ‘Dallas Mavericks,’ is his older brother and the oldest child of his parents. Sydel, his sister, is an ‘Elon University volleyball player.
- The Cleveland Cavaliers were his father’s team when Stephen was born, but the Charlotte Hornets were his father’s team in Charlotte, North Carolina, where Stephen grew up. To get to his son’s practices, their father would pick them up and bring them along.
- After his father joined the ‘Toronto Raptors team, the family moved to Toronto for a short time. While at Queensway Christian College, Stephen was the undisputed leader of the boy’s basketball team.
- ‘Charlotte Christian High School’ was the school he attended after returning to Charlotte with his family. He was overlooked by most coaches because of his small stature, which made it difficult for them to recruit him.
- In spite of the fact that his father had attended Virginia Tech, Coach Seth Greenberg rejected him. A coach named Bob McKillop convinced Curry to enroll at Davidson College in November 2005 after first spotting his potential when he was just 10 years old.
View this post on Instagram
Stephen Curry Biography Facts & Profile
|Full Name:||Wardell Stephen Curry II|
|Nicknames:||Steph, Chef Curry, The Golden Boy|
|Born:||March 14, 1988 (age 34 years)|
|Place of Birth:||Akron, Ohio, United States of America|
|Height:||6 feet, 3 inches|
|Weight:||190 lbs (86 kg)|
|Education:||Charlotte Christian (Charlotte, North Carolina), Davidson College|
|Parents:||Sonya Curry (mother), Dell Curry (father)|
|Children:||Riley Elizabeth Curry, Ryan Carson Curry, Canon W. Jack Curry|
|Current Team:||Golden State Warriors|
View this post on Instagram
Stephen Curry College Career
- In his first college game for Davidson, Stephen Curry faced ‘Eastern Michigan.’ The first time he played, he was unable to score more than 15 points and committed 13 turnovers, but in the second game against ‘Michigan,’ he was able to score 32 points. He was named the ‘Southern Conference Freshman of the Year’ that season after averaging 21.5 points per game as a freshman.
- Even more impressive was his performance in the 2007-08 season, which saw him shoot 122 three-pointers as a freshman. In the process, he helped the Davidson Wildcats extend their winning streak to 22 games, which was their first in the NCAA Tournament since 1969.
- He became Davidson’s all-time leading scorer with 34 points in his junior year. On November 18, 2008, he scored a career-high 44 points against ‘Oklahoma’. John Gerdy had previously held the ‘NCAA’ scoring record, but he was overtaken by him that season.
- Stephen Curry didn’t finish his senior year at Davidson College because he wanted to play in the ‘NBA.’ The ‘Golden State Warriors selected him in the 2009 ‘NBA draught’ with the seventh overall pick.
- Right away, he showed his ability to hit threes by making an NBA rookie record 166 of them. But he was unable to make an impact for the next two seasons due to injuries and a lack of playing time on a weak team.
- When the 2012-13 season began, he had fully recovered from the ankle sprain he sustained in 2011. As a result of their season-high combined total of three-pointers, he and teammate Klay Thompson were dubbed “The Splash Brothers.” Stephen Curry shot an NBA-record 272 three-pointers during the season.
- In February 2014, he made his first ‘All-Star appearance for the ‘West’ and was later named to his first ‘All-NBA Team.’ He also overtook Jason Richardson as the Warriors’ all-time leading three-pointer scorer.
- By making 286 three-pointers in the 2014-15 season, he set a new league record for the most three-pointers ever made in a season. He was named the ‘NBA’s Most Valuable Player’ for 2015 after helping the ‘Warriors win their first championship since 1975.
- Next season, he helped his team win 24 straight games, which culminated in 73 total wins, a record for ‘NBA’ wins. Even though he was injured, Curry led the Warriors to their second straight NBA Finals, but even his record of 27 three-pointers in a final match failed to save the game for the team.
- This season, he broke numerous records, including his own record for the most three-pointers made in a season (402). His unanimous selection as ‘Most Valuable Player’ was also unprecedented in NBA history.
- This season, Curry set numerous three-point ‘NBA records and finished the season with 324 three-pointers, the second time in ‘NBA history that a player has achieved that feat. On February 25, 2017, his team became the fastest in NBA history to clinch a playoff berth.
- At the 2007 FIBA Under-19 World Championship, Stephen made his national basketball team debut and helped the team win a silver medal. In 2010, he was a member of the senior squad and helped his team win the Gold medal. In the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup, his team was also undefeated.
- It was Curry who led the Golden State Warriors to their third NBA title in four years in the 2018 championship series.
At a loss for words…unreal to see the best young hoopers in the game rep their region in The Town at the @underrated Tour Finals once again. Congrats to BOTH North regions for taking home the Titles! S/o @rakuten for helping make it all happen. Can’t wait till we do it all again pic.twitter.com/zXyitay1ma
— Stephen Curry (@StephenCurry30) April 7, 2022
- Stephen Curry is well-known for his accuracy from beyond the arc and for having the most three-pointers made in the league over the course of three seasons. With 286 and 402 three-pointers in 2015 and 2016, he broke his own record for the most three-pointers made in a season.
- May 2016 marked a historic moment in NBA history when Stephen Curry was voted MVP by an all-star team for the first time. He has now joined a select group of players who have won the title twice in a row.
- Stephen was ranked third on ‘Sports Illustrated’s list of the ‘Top 100 NBA Players of 2019’ behind Laurant and LeBron James.
Personal Life & Legacy
- On July 30, 2011, Stephen Curry married Ayesha Alexander, his college sweetheart, in Charlotte, North Carolina. When they were teenagers, they first met at a church youth group. Riley Elizabeth Curry and Ryan Carson Curry, as well as Canon W. Jack Curry, live with them in Alamo, California.
- He is a devout Christian who frequently shares his faith in God both on the field and in public. For those who aren’t familiar, First Corinthians, 13:8 is tattooed on his wrist in Hebrew.
- As a student at Davidson College, Bryant Barr introduced Curry to the ravaging malaria epidemic. Since 2012, he has donated three insecticide-treated mosquito nets to the UN Foundation’s ‘Nothing But Nets campaign for every three-pointer he makes. Obama invited him to the Oval Office for a five-minute speech in support of the “President’s Malaria Initiative” in 2015, which he delivered.
- In 2016, Stephen, Jeron Smith, and Erick Peyton formed a production company called ‘Unanimous Media.’ A partnership with ‘Sony Pictures Entertainment’ was formed to distribute the films Curry was chosen as the company’s mascot because of his status as the first-ever unanimous MVP in the history of the ‘NBA.’
View this post on Instagram
Stephen Curry’s Net Worth
- American basketball player, brand endorser, and venture capitalist Stephen Curry is known for his work in the sports industry. Steph Curry has a net worth of $160 million as of this writing.
- One of the greatest shooters in NBA history, Stephen Curry, has become a modern-day sensation. Three-point shooting has been transformed by his ability to consistently make long-range shots.
- Aside from being the best shooter in NBA history, Stephen Curry is widely considered one of the greatest players in NBA history.
- The Golden State Warriors selected him with the 7th overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft. In 2015, 2017, and 2018, the team won three NBA Championships.
How Much Money Does Stephen Curry Have?
Among NBA players, Stephen Curry is one of the richest. His total net worth is 160 million dollars, which puts him in the top ten. When it comes to money, he’s not as rich as Kevin Durant or James Harden, both of whom have a net worth of about $170 million each.
Read More:- Goran Dragic Dating: Who Is Goran Dragic’s Wife?