Robert Williams is a well-known basketball player from the United States. He was born on October 17, 1997, in the country. Forward for the Texas A&M Aggies of the Southeastern Conference. In his first year, he showed that he could be a lottery pick in the NBA. Astrologers say that Robert Williams’s sign is Libra.
Robert Lee Williams III was born on October 17, 1997, and he is an American professional basketball player for the Boston Celtics of the NBA (NBA). He was a member of the Texas A&M Aggies when he was in college. There is a city called Shreveport in Louisiana where he was born.
High School Career
People in Vivian, Louisiana, went to North Caddo High School. It’s said that he was a consensus four-star recruit. He was ranked 50th in ESPN’s Top 100 for 2016 and was the best player in his home state of Louisiana. He has agreed to go to Texas A&M University to play college basketball.
View this post on Instagram
- In his first game at college, he scored five points and blocked five shots, and had seven rebounds. When he was a freshman in 2016–17, he averaged 11.9 points and 8.2 rebounds per game and was named SEC Defensive Player of the Year. He also made the 2nd Team All-SEC after that season.
- On March 21, even though he was thought to be a first-round lottery pick, Williams decided to stay at Texas A&M for another year.
- Following Texas A&M’s loss in the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, Williams said that he was going to skip his last two college seasons and declare for the 2018 NBA draught, where he was expected to be a first-round pick. During the 2017 and 2018 NBA draughts, Williams was thought to be a good pick in both.
View this post on Instagram
- Because of concerns about Williams’ work ethic, the Boston Celtics chose him with the 27th pick in the NBA draught in 2018. Boston Celtics signed Williams on July 5, 2018, and he has been with the team ever since.
- Williams didn’t make a good first impression because he showed up late and missed team events. On Boston Celtics fan sites, he has been called “Timelord” because he has a bad reputation for skipping flights and video calls.
- During the Boston Celtics’ loss to the Orlando Magic on October 23, 2018, Williams played for four minutes. On November 2, he moved to the Maine Red Claws. Al Horford got hurt in December, and Williams started getting more playing time with the Celtics after that.
- He spent the first two months of the year playing in the G League. On December 11, 2018, Williams blocked two shots from NBA All-Star Anthony Davis during a game against the New Orleans Pelicans. He did this during the game.
- During the NBA playoffs in 2021, Williams had a turf toe. It was a record for blocks in a game for the Brooklyn Nets against Williams in Game 1 of the first round. He blocked 9 shots to set a record for blocks in a game. Also, he scored 11 points and grabbed 9 rebounds, as well.
- After this record, the team lost the match. Williams was out for the rest of the series because of the injury. Williams left Game 3 with a sprained ankle after playing just 6 minutes. He didn’t play in games 4 and 5, so the team lost the game 4–1.
- It was December 31, 2021, and Williams had his first triple-double. He scored 10 points, grabbed 11 rebounds, and set up 10 assists in a 123–108 victory over the Phoenix Suns in the NBA.
- On March 28, 2022, the Celtics said that Williams had a torn meniscus in his left knee and would be out for good. When he was two days old, he had surgery and was out for at least four to six weeks.
— Boston Celtics (@celtics) March 30, 2022
Robert Williams Net Worth
Robert Williams is one of the wealthiest Basketball Players and is on the list of the most popular Basketball Players, too. According to Wikipedia, Forbes, and Business Insider, Robert Williams has a net worth of about $1.5 million.
|ROBERT WILLIAMS NET WORTH & SALARY|
|Net Worth||$1.5 Million|
|Source of Income||Basketball Player|
|House||Living In Own House.|
What Is Robert Williams’ Annual Salary and Net Worth?
It’s time to talk about Robert Williams III’s contract with the Celtics. He signed a four-year deal worth $54 million with the Celtics in August 2021. The deal, which starts in the 2022-23 season, keeps Williams in Boston through the 2025-26 season.
Read More:- Who Was in a Relationship With Grant Williams?