A professional basketball player who was born on May 8, 2000, is called Quentin Marshall Grimes. He plays for the New York Knicks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The Kansas Jayhawks, and the Houston Cougars, were the teams he played for while he was in high school.
Quentin Grimes Facts
|Birth Place||Houston, Texas|
|Father’s Name||Marshall Grimes|
|Mother’s Name||Tonja Shelly|
|College||The University of Houston, University of Kansas|
|Net Worth (2021)||$1-5 million|
|Date of Birth||May 8, 2000|
|Height (ft)||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight (kg)||93 (205 lb)|
|NBA Draft Year||2021|
|NBA Draft Pick||Round 1/ Pick: 25th overall|
|Teams||New York Knicks|
|Achievements||Third-team All-American – AP, USBWA, NABC, SN (2021) AAC co-Player of the Year (2021) First-team All-AAC (2021) AAC Tournament MVP (2021) McDonald’s All-American (2018) Texas Mr. Basketball (2018) FIBA Americas Under-18 Championship MVP (2018) Gold at FIBA Americas U18 Championship|
- A high school in Texas where Grimes went is called The Woodlands College Park High School. He graduated in 2018. During his freshman year, he was the first person in school history to be on the varsity team and start all of the games as a freshman.
- Over the course of his high school years, he earned a 3.38 GPA. It was Grimes’ senior year of high school. He scored 29.5 points per game and averaged 8.6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1.8 steals, and 1.5 blocks per game. He led the College Park Cavaliers to a record of 21–13.
- This is the total number of points he had at the end of high school: 2,863. He had 854 rebounds; 582 assists; 213 steals and 127 blocks. A lot of people in Houston named Grimes the All-Greater Houston Player of the Year, the Gatorade State Player of the Year, and a McDonald’s All-American. Before he started college, he was thought to be a top 5 pick in the 2019 NBA draught.
- On November 15, 2017, he said he would play college basketball for the University of Kansas. He turned down offers from Kentucky, Marquette, Texas, and eight other schools to play for the Jayhawks.
— NEW YORK KNICKS (@nyknicks) April 19, 2022
- When Grimes played his first college game against Michigan State, he scored 21 points and made six 3-point shots. If you were a freshman at Kansas and played on the basketball team, Grimes scored 8.4 points, had 2.5 rebounds, and made 2.0 assists per game.
- He also made 33% of his 3-point shots and 38% of his field goals. After the season, he said he was going to be in the NBA draught in 2019. But he backed out before the deadline and decided to go to Houston instead.
- Grimes got a waiver and could play for Houston right away instead of having to wait a whole season. On November 19, 2019, he scored 32 points to help Rice beat Rice, 97–89.
- When he played on December 9, he was named the American Athletic Conference player of the week by the league. This is how much Grimes scored and how many times she passed the ball during her sophomore season: 12.1 points, 2.5 assists, and 3.7 rebounds.
- This is what he did at the NCAA Tournament in 2021. He led Houston to a Final Four spot. As a junior, Grimes scored 17.8 points, made 2.0 assists, and grabbed 5.7 rebounds per game.
- He shared the AAC Player of the Year award with Tyson Etienne. On April 9, he said that he was going to sign up for the NBA draught in 2021 and give up his remaining college eligibility.
Grimes was chosen by the Los Angeles Clippers with the 25th pick in the NBA draught in 2021. Then, the Clippers traded him to the New York Knicks, who took him. On August 6, 2021, the Knicks said they had signed Grimes.
In his first start, Grimes scored 27 points and made seven three-pointers in a loss to the Milwaukee Bucks. He also had three rebounds and three assists in the game.
National Team Career
At the 2018 FIBA Americas U18 Championships for Men in June 2018, Grimes was chosen to play for the United States as part of the U18 National Team. The USA won gold and Grimes was named MVP.
One word to describe the rook. pic.twitter.com/XaGo4JGjzC
— NEW YORK KNICKS (@nyknicks) February 22, 2022
- Third-team All-American – AP, USBWA, NABC, SN (2021)
- AAC co-Player of the Year (2021)
- First-team All-AAC (2021)
- AAC Tournament MVP (2021)
- McDonald’s All-American (2018)
- Texas Mr. Basketball (2018)
- FIBA Americas Under-18 Championship MVP (2018)
- Gold at FIBA Americas U18 Championship
Tonja Stelly and Marshall Grimes had a son named Grimes on May 8, 2000. His older maternal half-brother, Tyler Myers, is a professional ice hockey defenseman for the Vancouver Canucks of the National Hockey League, where he is a member of the team.
Two brothers have never lived together because Myers moved to Canada with his father right after his brother Grimes was born, so the two have never lived together. There have never been two brothers who both played in the NBA and NHL.
He has helped out with a nonprofit in Houston called Play With Purpose, which helps at-risk young people in the area play sports and learn about healthy living.
Quentin Grimes Net Worth and Salary
For the next four years, Grimes will be paid the salary shown in the table. Includes a minimum salary of $4,445,760 and an average salary of $2,782,041.
Quentin Grimes is thought to be worth $11,128,162. Grimes will make $2,168,760 a year in 2021-22, which will cost the New York Knicks $2,168,760 and raise the dead cap by $2,168,760.