Payton When he was born on January 28, 1998, American basketball player Michael Pritchard was. He plays for the Boston Celtics of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was a member of the Oregon Ducks while he was in college.
At the start of their sophomore year, he was named to the Pac-12 second team. The Naismith Trophy was up for grabs as a senior. He was a runner-up.
High School Career
- Pritchard led West Linn High School to four consecutive state championships and was named Oregon Class 6A Player of the Year in 2014 and 2015. He also won the Gatorade Oregon Player of the Year in 2015.
- During the 2014–15 season, he scored 22 points and made 5.8 assists per game. As a senior, he scored 23.6 points, made 6.8 assists, and made 3.1 steals per game.
- In August 2015, he said he was going to play for the University of Oregon Ducks. He was a four-star recruit on ESPN. He had already agreed to go to Oklahoma, where his father, Terry, played football.
- His best high-school game was when Pritchard scored 45 points in the Northwest shootout, which was a game between Oregon and Washington that had all-stars from both states.
- Pritchard played Ben Simmons, Jaylen Brown, and Jahlil Okafor at the Les Schwab Invitational many times during his high school career.
View this post on Instagram
- First-year: Pritchard played 39 games for the Ducks in 2016–17. He averaged 7.4 points and 3.6 assists per game. When the Ducks were playing against UCLA, Pritchard made a three-pointer to put the Ducks one point behind UCLA’s Lonzo Ball.
- In the first NCAA Tournament, Oregon made it to the Final Four for the first time ever. Pritchard was the only freshman to start in that year’s Final Four.
- On November 25, 2017, Pritchard scored a career-high 29 points in an 84–79 win over DePaul. He also had eight assists and six rebounds in the game.
- Pritchard was the only player on the Ducks who started every game in his sophomore year (2017–18). He averaged 14.5 points, 4.8 assists, and 3.6 rebounds per game, which was a lot more than he did in his first year.
- Junior year, Pritchard had a bad start but later in the season, he started getting better and helped Oregon win the Pac 12 Tournament and make it to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament.
- This is how it works: To sum up: He scored 12.9 points per game. He also had 4.46 assists, and he had 3.9 assists per game and was named Pac-12 Player of the Year.
- It was after the season that he announced that he was going to play for the NBA next year. He chose to stay in Oregon for his senior year.
- At the end of high school, Pritchard was one of the best basketball players in college. January 18, 2020, is the date that Pritchard is going to play Washington in overtime. He scored 22 points and made a 30-foot shot with three seconds left to win the game for Washington 64–61.
- The Oregon Ducks beat California 77–72 on January 30, and Pritchard scored 21 points in the victory. He also became the Ducks’ all-time assists leader. His best score was 38 in a 73–72 overtime win against Arizona on February 22.
- Oregon needed to win this game to have a chance at the Pac 12 regular-season title. A senior, Pritchard averaged 20.5 points, 5.5 assists, and 4.3 rebounds per game.
- He was named the Pac-12 Player of The Year, and he had a great season. Pritchard was also a consensus All-American and won the Bob Cousy Award as the best point guard in the country.
View this post on Instagram
- The Boston Celtics chose Pritchard with the 26th pick in the first round of the 2020 NBA draught. On November 24, 2020, Pritchard signed a four-year, $10.5 million rookie contract with the Boston Celtics.
- The Celtics have the option to extend the contract for the third and fourth years. Pritchard scored 17 points in his first professional game against the Philadelphia 76ers on December 15, 2020.
- During the first five games without Kemba Walker, he played fourth behind Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, and Marcus Smart.
- Against the Toronto Raptors on January 4, 2021, Pritchard had 23 points, eight assists, and two rebounds in a 126–114 win. A game after this one was won by Pritchard with a 107-105 victory over the Miami Heat.
- On January 12, 2021, Pritchard made his first start in the NBA. He didn’t do very well, only scoring 2 points in 28 minutes in a loss to the Detroit Pistons. At the beginning of what can be called his “rookie wall,” he had a hard time being as effective and impactful as he was in the first few games of the season.
- The fact that Kemba Walker was back in the lineup may have caused this, but it is also a common problem for young players, especially rookies, who have a lot of work and a lot of stress in their first professional season.
- It seemed like Pritchard broke through a “rookie wall” in mid-April when he scored at least 20 points in six straight games, including 28 points against the Oklahoma City Thunder on April 27, 2021.
- Pritchard talked about his struggles later in the season, but in mid-April, he seemed to break through this “rookie wall.” Pritchard played for the Celtics in the NBA Summer League in 2021.
A franchise record 15 threes off the bench👌🔥 pic.twitter.com/8docThrTKn
— Boston Celtics (@celtics) April 4, 2022
National Team Career
Pritchard played for the United States at the 2015 FIBA 3×3 Under-18 World Championship. In his best game, against Poland, he made 9 three-pointers and had a great game. At the 2016 Nike Hoop Summit, he scored 12 points on 4 three-pointers in 14 minutes as a member of the USA National Select Team.
Pritchard also made the U.S. team for the 2017 FIBA U19 World Cup, which took place in Egypt. It was a good tournament for Pritchard, who averaged 9.0 points, 3.0 assists, and 2.9 rebounds per game. He scored 16 points against RJ Barrett and Canada. Team USA won bronze. Pritchard was named to the All-Star Five.
Payton Pritchard’s Net Worth
Payton Pritchard is an NBA player in the United States. He plays for the Portland Trail Blazers, and he lives in the country. His net worth in 2022 has been officially revealed, and he is making $2,521,057 a year now. It’s also very profitable for him because he has a lot of endorsements that make him even more money each year.
As a high school volleyball player, Payton met his wife, who is also a professional athlete. They met when she was at her Texas high school. Hannah was born in 2015, and Riley was born in 2014. They have two children together: Hannah and Riley (born in 2018). Payton was born and raised in Houston, Texas. He went to Westbury High School, where he played basketball on the varsity team for four years and was named MVP.
Payton Pritchard is all business arriving ahead of Celtics vs. Bulls ☘️ pic.twitter.com/kSY2lxWqo9
— Celtics on NBC Sports Boston (@NBCSCeltics) January 16, 2022
How Much Is Payton Pritchard’s Annual Salary?
The NBA player who is an American (USA) and has a lot of money has been told. He made $2 million in salary, endorsements, and other things to make money as of 2022. He also makes a total of $1 million a year from all the different sources he works. His wife’s name and background are also included in this press release with information about his work and history.
Payton Pritchard, an American NBA player, has been the subject of a new report. It shows how much money he makes. In 2022, his net worth is estimated to be $2 million with a salary of $1.5 million per year. In addition to his money from basketball, he also makes money from endorsements, which brought in an extra $500K in revenue for this period.