on March 23, 1992. Irving is the son of American expatriates Drederick Irving and Elizabeth (née Larson), who moved to Australia from their home in the United States.
In 2011, the Cleveland Cavaliers made him their first pick in the NBA draught. He was named the Rookie of the Year because he played well for the Cavaliers during the season. He was a seven-time All-Star and a three-time member of the All-NBA Team. In 2016, he helped the Cavaliers win the NBA title.
- When Irving was born on March 23, 1992, he was born in Melbourne, Australia. Irving is the son of American expatriates Drederick Irving and Elizabeth (née Larson) Irving, who moved to Australia. he has an older sister called Asia, and a younger sister called London.
- This is how his father played college basketball at Boston University with Shawn Teague (father of Jeff and Marquis Teague) and coach Rick Pitino, and with Shawn’s sons Jeff and Marquis. Irving’s father moved to Australia after he finished college so that he could play for the Bulleen Boomers in the SEABL league.
- Before moving to the United States when Kyrie was two years old, the Irvings lived in the Melbourne suburb of Kew, where Kyrie learned to walk and talk. He has dual citizenship in both the United States and Australia.
- His mother, who was both African American and Lakota, died when he was four. Irving’s aunts helped raise him with the help of Drederick, who was Irving’s father.
- Irving’s father got married again in 2004, to Shetellia Riley. Riley, who is now Kyrie Irving’s agent until March 2022, met Irving’s father when he was a child.
|Full Name||Kyrie Andrew Irving|
|Birth Date||March 23, 1992|
|Birth Place||Melbourne, Australia|
|Nick Name||Mr. 4th Quarter, Uncle Drew, Kyriediculous, Kyrazzle-Dazzle, Ankletaker, Mr. Overtime, Flat-Earth|
|Father’s Name||Drederick Irving|
|Mother’s Name||Elizabeth Irving|
|Siblings||Two sisters; Asia and London|
|Age||30 Years Old|
|Height||6 feet 3 inches(190 cm)|
|Weight||89 kgs(195 lbs)|
|Shoe Size||Updating soon|
|Current Team||Brooklyn Nets|
|NBA Draft||2011 (Cleveland Cavaliers)|
|Net Worth||$90 million|
|Social Media||Instagram, Twitter|
|Merch||Posters, Jersey, Boots, Rookie Card|
|Last Update||April, 2022|
- During the 2009 season, Kyrie Irving began playing for Duke University. During the 2010-11 season, he played for Duke under the direction of Mike Krzyzewski, the head coach. On 53.2 percent shooting in his first eight games of the season, he scored 17.4 points per game.
- He also passed the ball five times and grabbed three rebounds and two steals a game. Though his team had made it to the Sweet Sixteen of the NCA tournament, they lost to Arizona and had to go home.
- Irving went to the NBA draught in 2011. He was chosen by the Cleveland Cavaliers, who took him. His teammate Tristan Thompson signed a contract with the team, as did a lot of other people. There was a competition called Rising Stars in 2012.
- Both of them were in it. A lot of people thought he was good enough to be named NBA Rookie of the Year in 2012.
- People were very angry about Irving getting a spot on the Australian team for the 2012 Olympics 2012. Irving didn’t want to play for Australia and said that he was more interested in playing for the United States at the 2016 Olympics.
- During the 2012-13 NBA season, he broke his index finger in a game against the Dallas Mavericks. This led to a loss for the Cavaliers. It took him three weeks to be able to play because of the injury he had, so In the end, he became the youngest player in NBA history to score 40 points in Madison Square Garden.
- It was also very impressive how well he played in the 2013-14 season. He scored 21 points, had 12 assists, and grabbed 10 rebounds in a 99-79 win over the Utah Jazz in February 2014. That was his first triple-double.
- Irving played in the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup as a member of the United States team. He helped his team get to the finals, where they came out on top and won a gold medal. He was also named the 2014 USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year, which is a big honor for him.
- It was in the 2015-16 season that he did the best work. He helped the team win the 2016 NBA Championship after the team beat the Golden State Warriors in the finals.
- In 2016, he was part of Team USA at the Summer Olympics. He helped the team win a gold medal. Fourth time in Team USA history, he became the fourth person to win an NBA title and an Olympic gold medal in the same year.
National Team Career
- In 2012, Irving was in the running for a spot on the Australian team for the 2012 Olympic Games in Rio. However, he chose not to represent the country where he was born. Instead, he focused on the selection process for the United States national team for the 2016 Olympic Games.
- During the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup, Irving was a member of the US team. For his help, Team USA won the gold medal. Then, he was named the tournament’s most valuable player. He played in all nine games in the tournament, averaging 12.1 points and 3.6 assists per game.
- In the gold medal game, he scored 26 points. His name was then added to a list that called him USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year for 2014.
- At the 2016 Summer Olympics, Irving helped the U.S. team win the gold medal, which they did. With the victory, he became only the fourth member of Team USA to win both the NBA championship and the Olympic gold medal in the same year. LeBron James, Michael Jordan, and Scottie Pippen did the same thing in the same year.
Awards & Achievements
- Kyrie Irving has won a lot of awards and honors in his life. A few years later, in 2012, he was named “Rookie of the Year.” He also went on to be named to the “All-Rookie First Team” at the same time.
- FIBA Basketball World Cup MVP: In 2014, he helped his team win gold at the FIBA World Cup, and he was named MVP.
- In 2016, he had the most success. In the same year, he helped his team win the NBA championship and the gold medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
Brooklyn Net Kyrie Irving backs MTA worker’s fight against COVID vaccine mandates.https://t.co/D4Lq2DyIlP
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) April 17, 2022
- Irving likes to read and has a journal. Then, he likes to sing, dance, and play the baritone sax, as well. Former NBA player Rod Strickland is his godfather, and he is now a teacher.
- It was his cousin, Isaiah Briscoe, who was a very good basketball player who played for the University of Kentucky before he decided to play for a team in the NBA in 2017. People who used to be together: Irving and his ex have a daughter.
- Irving made a promise to his father in May 2011 that he would finish his bachelor’s degree at Duke in five years. After failing to get his degree in 2016, the former NBA player said, “When I leave the game of basketball, I’ll focus on the next step in my life.
- Until that time, I won’t think about anything else in my life.” His PSD Underwear line came out in 2015.
- Irving and his older sister were given a “welcome home” ceremony at the Standing Rock Indian Reservation in August 2018. The ceremony was to thank Irving for his activism on behalf of the water protectors at the Dakota Access Pipeline protests and to acknowledge their family ties to the community.
- When Irving was a child, his mother was “adopted out” of the tribe. Their grandmother and great-grandparents also had ties to the reservation. Since then, he has given money to the Lakota tribe, designed Nike shoes for the Lakota people, and burned sage before every game to honor his Lakota heritage.
- In 2021, his request for citizenship was approved, and he became a member of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe as a full member. When Irving started the 2016–17 season, he started eating more plants.
- He also talked about this in a December 2017 Nike ad. Irving has changed his diet since then. He now eats only plant-based foods.
- During an interview in April of 2021, Irving said, “For me, in terms of what I believe and what I do, being a part of the Muslim community, being committed to Islam and also just being committed to all races and cultures, religions, just having an understanding and respect.
- I think that’s important.” Since 2021, he has also fasted for Ramadan. He did it again in 2022, as well.
Kyrie Irving completes perfect 9-for-9 half at the buzzer pic.twitter.com/5JA5Dflrlt
— Rob Perez (@WorldWideWob) April 13, 2022
Kyrie Irving’s Net Worth
It costs $90 million for Kyrie Irving to play basketball. He is an Australian-American player who has made a lot of money. When he was a professional, he won a championship title and was chosen to be on the NBA All-Star Team.
Another thing Irving did that made him a lot of money. He won an Olympic gold medal and made a lot of money through salary and endorsement deals. A lot more about these earnings are coming up later on in the text.
Irving was the first player chosen in the 2011 NBA draught, which took place in New York City. In 2014, he signed a five-year deal with the Cavaliers worth $94 million. Then, in August 2017, he signed a huge deal with the Celtics. His new deal was worth $141 million over four years. In the summer of 2019, he signed a four-year deal with the Brooklyn Nets for that amount.