There is an American professional basketball player named Julius Deion Randle. He was born on November 29, 1994. Randle plays for the New York Knicks in the NBA (NBA). This will be his second season with the Knicks in 2020–21. He will be an NBA All-Star for the first time and be named the NBA Most Improved Player.
It was Randle’s only year of college basketball with the Kentucky Wildcats. He was named to the third-team All-American team. They picked him seventh overall in this year’s NBA draught, and he was taken by them.
Randle broke his right leg in the first game of the regular season. He was out for the rest of his first season. Afterward, he signed with the New Orleans Pelicans for four years, then joined the Knicks after a year with the Pelicans.
- Randle went to Prestonwood Christian Academy in Plano, Texas, where he was thought to be one of the top five players in the class of 2013. Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Andrew Harrison, and Aaron Gordon were also in the top five.
- He won the Under Armour Elite 24 dunk contest in August 2012. The next day, he was named one of the MVPs of the Elite 24 game, where he scored 27 points and helped his team win 164–138.
- In 2013, Rivals.com said Randle was a five-star recruit. He was also ranked as the No. 1 power forward and No. 2 player in the country at the time.
- Randle broke his foot playing in a tournament on the weekend after Thanksgiving in his senior year. As a result, he had to be out of the game for three months. He came back to the TAPPS 5A playoffs in March 2013 and led his team to its third state title in four years. He averaged 32.5 points and 22.5 rebounds per game in high school in 2012–13.
- Randle decided to move to Kentucky on March 20, 2013. He chose it over Texas, Kansas, and Florida. In 2013, he became the sixth freshman from Kentucky to be chosen to play in the McDonald’s All-American Boys Game and the 2013 Jordan Brand Classic. Andrew and Aaron Harrison, James Young, Dakari Johnson, and Marcus Lee were also chosen to play in these games.
— Julius Randle (@J30_RANDLE) January 15, 2022
- It was on February 28, 2014, that Randle was one of the 10 semi-finalists for the Naismith College Player of the Year award. He went on to help Kentucky get to the national championship game, which they lost to the University of Connecticut, but he helped them get there.
- Before Dan Issel had 25 double-doubles in 1969-70, he had 24 in 1969–70. He had the most double-doubles by a freshman at Kentucky in 2013–14, with 24. (the previous record was shared by DeMarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis at 20).
- This is how he did in 40 games (all starts) He scored 15.0 points and had 10.4 rebounds per game, as well as 1.4 assists per game. On April 22, 2014, Randle said he was going to play in the NBA. He didn’t play his last three years of college.
Kyden and I wanted to surprise Kendra with something special for Mother's Day and @JBLaudio had the perfect idea with this personalized Flip 5. Thank you for being our rock! @KendraRandle_ #TeamJBL #ad pic.twitter.com/loj2py8g09
— Julius Randle (@J30_RANDLE) May 10, 2021
- During the 2014 NBA draught, the LA Lakers chose Randle with their seventh pick.  On October 28, 2014, Randle broke his right tibia during the Lakers’ 2014–15 season opener against the Houston Rockets. He had only played 14 minutes in the NBA before that.
- Randle played again in July 2015 for the Lakers Summer League team. Randle made his NBA debut a year ago, and he broke his leg. As a starter, he scored 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in a 112–111 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves. On December 2, he scored 15 points and grabbed 19 rebounds in a 108–104 victory over the Washington Wizards. This was then a record for him.
- Because of a hip injury, he didn’t play in all 15 games in the 2016–17 season. On November 30, 2016, he scored 13 points and had 20 rebounds in a 96–90 win over the Chicago Bulls. That was a record for him at the time. The Houston Rockets beat him 139–100 on March 15, 2017. On that day, he scored 32 points, which was a record for him.
- Randle was a backup player in 2017–18, while Larry Nance Jr. was the power forward. He was very good as a backup center when the team went to a small lineup. On December 29, 2017, he was back in the starting lineup again.
- On July 2, 2018, the Lakers let Randle go, making him a free agent. A two-year deal worth $18 million was signed on July 9 by Randle. He will play for the New Orleans Pelicans. Before the season started on October 17, Randle played for the Pelicans. The Pelicans won 131–112 over Houston. Randle scored 25 points off the bench for the Pelicans.
- The Portland Trail Blazers beat him 122–110 on March 15. On that day, he scored a career-high 45 points in the game. A free agent: He turned down his second-year deal on June 16, 2019. He signed a three-year, $63 million deal with the Knicks on July 9, 2019.
- Randle scored 44 points and made seven 3-pointers in a 123–112 win over the Atlanta Hawks on February 16, 2021. This was a record for him. On February 23, Randle was named as a reserve for the NBA All-Star Game in 2021, and he will be there.
- Following this year’s regular season, Randle was named the NBA’s Most Improved Player. He was chosen by 98 out of the 100 first-place votes. The All-NBA Second Team named him as a forward.
- After Randle had a great season, the Knicks signed him to a four-year, $117 million contract on August 27, 2021. When the Utah Jazz lost to the Utah Jazz 93–108 two days earlier, Randle got into an argument with a game official.
- He was fined $40,000 by the NBA on March 22, 2022, because of the argument. He said on April 2 that Randle was “likely” out for the rest of the season because he hurt his quad.
You know how we rocking! 💪🏿 https://t.co/U54Kce4bzy
— Julius Randle (@J30_RANDLE) August 31, 2021
National Team Career
Randle was part of the US Select Team that practiced against the United States men’s national team in the off-season of 2016. Before the 2016 Summer Olympics, the team played against each other.
Julius Randle’s Net Worth and Salary
Julius Randle is a professional basketball player from the United States. He has a net worth of $25 million. When Julius Randle was born, he was born in Texas in November of 1994. Six-foot-nine power forward and center. Prestonwood Christian High School is where Randle played.
Julius Randle’s Salary at New York Knicks
With the New York Knicks, Julius Randle signed a three-year, $62,100,000 deal. The deal includes $56,700,000 in guaranteed money and an average salary of $20,700,000 per year. During the 2020-21 season, Randle’s base salary will be $19,800,000. He’ll also have a cap hit of $21,780,000, and a dead cap value of $19,800,000.
A two-year deal worth $18 million was signed by Julius Randle in 2018. It was worth $62 million in 2019 when he signed a three-year deal with the Knicks that was worth $56.7 million in cash. This deal raised Randle’s annual salary to $20 million.
For four years, he agreed to pay $117 million to the Knicks. There were a lot of options for him at the time. He could have chosen to wait one more year and then sign a $200 million contract extension, but Julius chose to keep the deal he already had.
- Immanuel Quickley Net Worth: How Do I Contact Immanuel Quickley?
- Nerlens Noel Dating: Who is Nerlens Noel wife Jordan Walsh?
- Nerlens Noel Net Worth: What Is Nerlens Noel Net Worth and Salary?