In the NBA, Jaylen Marseilles Brown plays for the Boston Celtics. He was born on October 24, 1996, and he is an American professional basketball player (NBA). He played one year of college basketball for the California Golden Bears.
He was named first-team all-conference and freshman of the year in the Pac-12 Conference, and he also led the team in scoring. It was after that season that he decided to sign up for the 2016 NBA draught.
He was chosen by the Celtics with the third pick. His job has been to play both shooting guard and small forward. His first All-Star game came in 2021.
High school career
- Brown went to Wheeler High School in the city of Marietta, Georgia. As a senior, he helped lead his team to victory in the Class 6A State Championship in Georgia. It was 59–58 Wheeler with 0.6 seconds left when Brown hit two free throws to give them the win.
- Some other highlights: 28 points and 11 rebounds against Harry Giles and Wesleyan Christian Academy; 24 points and 8 rebounds against Malik Monk and Bentonville High School; 25 points, 12 rebounds, and 6 assists against Ben Simmons and Montverde Academy, and 29 points and 15 rebounds against Huntington Prep.
- Brown averaged 28 points and 12 rebounds as a senior, and he led Wheeler to a 30–3 record on the whole. USA Basketball Men’s U18 National Team won a gold medal in 2014. FIBA Americas Championships. Brown was part of the team.
- He was also chosen to play in the 2015 McDonald’s All-American Boys Game, as well. At the end of a great high school career, Brown was named Gatorade Georgia Boys Player of the Year, USA Today’s All-USA Georgia Player of the Year, Georgia’s Mr. Basketball, and the Class 6A Player of the Year by all of these groups.
NBPA VP, Jaylen Brown
As voted by the players, @FCHWPO was re-elected as Vice President on the NBPA Executive Committee at today’s NBPA Board of Player Representatives meeting and will begin his 3-year term in this role immediately. pic.twitter.com/mpDLnsl1tD
— NBPA (@TheNBPA) March 3, 2022
- At Berkeley, Brown took a master’s-level class in the Cultural Studies of Sport in Education program during his first semester at college. Then, at the age of 25, he said that he wanted to learn three more languages.
- During the 2015–16 season, Brown averaged 14.6 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 2.0 assists in 27.6 minutes per game while playing for the Golden Bears. Over 34 games, he did this for 27.6 minutes each.
- On November 27, 2015, against Richmond, and January 27, 2016, against Utah, he scored 27 points in each game. Once against Sam Houston State on November 23, 2015, and again on January 1, 2016, he scored 11 points in wins.
- On January 23, 2016, Brown had a season-high 7 assists in a 74–73 win over Arizona. He also scored 15. Brown was named the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year and was on the first team of All-Pac-12.
View this post on Instagram
- On June 23, 2016, the Boston Celtics chose Brown with the third pick in the 2016 NBA draught.
- The Celtics signed him on July 27 after he averaged 16.0 points, 6.8 rebounds, and 2.33 steals in six games of Summer League. He did this after playing in six games of the Summer League.
- He played his first game for the Celtics on October 26 against the Brooklyn Nets. He scored nine points on 3-for-4 shooting and blocked two shots in more than 20 minutes.
- This is what Brown did in the Celtics’ first game of the 2017–18 season against the Cavaliers on October 17, 2017. He scored then-career-high 25 points, but the Celtics lost 102–99.
- On November 18, he scored 27 points and helped the Boston Celtics win their 15th straight game with a 110–99 victory over the Atlanta Hawks. This was his best game of the season.
- When the season started, Brown had a hard time. The Boston Globe said that he took too many two-point jump shots and had a general “lack of focus and discipline.”
- Afterward, ESPN’s Jackie MacMullan said that “nobody disappointed [the Celtics] more than Brown.” She said this after they started the season with a record of 10 wins and 10 losses.
- Brown signed a four-year, $115 million deal with the Celtics.  He scored 34 points against the Cleveland Cavaliers on December 28, 2019. This season, he had the same number of points as this time last year.
- In January, he was close to being chosen for the 2020 NBA All-Star Game.
- During his four years as an NBA player, Brown has seen his Celtics reach the Eastern Conference Finals three times. They beat the Philadelphia 76ers and the Toronto Raptors in four and seven games in the 2020 playoffs to make it there.
- Even so, the Miami Heat beat Boston in six games to win the Conference Finals for the first time in their history.
- On December 30, 2020, Brown scored 42 points in a 126–107 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies. He also had five rebounds and four assists.
- On February 24, 2021, Brown was chosen as a reserve for the 2021 All-Star team. This was his first time being named an NBA All-Star.
- On October 20, 2021, in the Celtics’ season-opening game against the New York Knicks, Brown scored a then-career-high 46 points in a 138–134 double-overtime loss. He also set a Celtics record for points on an opening night.
- On January 2, 2022, Brown set a new record. He scored 50 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in a 116–111 overtime win over the Orlando Magic.
My cousin on my auntie side https://t.co/mqIH9bykuz
— Jaylen Brown (@FCHWPO) February 3, 2022
Jaylen Brown’s Net Worth
- NBA player Jaylen Brown’s net worth is $10 million. He earns a salary of $1 million per game. When Jaylen Brown was born in October 1996, he was born in Georgia.
- At Wheeler High School, he was named Mr. Georgia Basketball, Parade All-American, and McDonald’s All-American in 2015. He is a 6’7″ small forward and shooting guard who also played on the basketball team, and he was named Mr. Georgia Basketball in 2015.
- As a freshman, Brown was named the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year and was chosen to be on the team that made the All-Pac-12 team in 2016. He was chosen by the Boston Celtics as the third pick in the 2016 NBA Draft.
- A team called the NBA All-Rookie Second Team named Jaylen Brown to it in 2017. He also won a gold medal for the United States at the 2014 FIBA Americas U18 Championship for the U.S. in that event.
- Jaylen Brown signed a deal with the Celtics for $115 million through the 2023-24 season. He is A.J. Bouye’s cousin.
How much does Jaylen Brown make a year?
NBA player Jaylen Brown’s net worth is 24.83 million USD. He earns a salary of $1 million per game. When Jaylen Brown was born in October 1996, he was born in Georgia.