The Brooklyn Nets are a professional basketball team in the National Basketball Association. Blake Austin Griffin was born March 16, 1989, and he is an American professional basketball player (NBA). He played college basketball for the Oklahoma Sooners.
When he was a sophomore, he was named the consensus national college player of the year by all of the other teams. Griffin was chosen first overall by the Los Angeles Clippers in the 2009 NBA draught. Since then, he has been a six-time NBA All-Star and a five-time All-NBA player.
Detroit traded Griffin in January 2018 and he played for them until 2021 when he was traded. Griffin signed a deal with the Brooklyn Nets in March 2021, and they played together for two years.
This is when Blake Austin Griffin was born. He was born on March 16th, 1989. People who raised him are called Tommy and Gail Griffin, but they don’t know him. When he was a child, his father was a basketball center who had played for Northwestern Oklahoma State University in the past.
He also owns a gym where Blake and his older brother Taylor Griffin used to play basketball, but he didn’t let them play. In the past, Griffin also played baseball and football. Blake and Taylor were taught at home by their mother.
Along with his brother, he went to Oklahoma Christian School, where their father was the head coach, and they both went to school there. He did very well in the competitions, so he got a scholarship to play college football for the Oklahoma Sooners.
Blake Griffin Facts
|Full Name:||Blake Austin Griffin|
|Born:||March 16, 1989 (age 33 years)|
|Place of Birth:||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma United States of America|
|Height:||6 feet, 10 inches|
|Weight:||251 lbs (114 kg)|
|Education:||Oklahoma Christian School, University of Oklahoma|
|Parents:||Tommy Griffin (Father), Gail Griffin (Mother)|
|Children:||Finley Elaine Griffin (Daughter), Ford Wilson Cameron-Griffin (Son)|
|Current Team:||Detroit Pistons|
- Oklahoma made Blake Griffin one of the best-rated and best-known recruits in the country when he went there. First, he scored 14.7 points and grabbed 9.1 rebounds per game. When the 2008 NBA draught came around, it was thought that he would be a lottery pick.
- Because of his skills, this is what people thought. That’s not what he did, though. He decided to spend more time with his college team and help them win the NCAA championship.
- In his sophomore year, he won all six national players of the year awards, so he was the best player in the country.
- Many media outlets, including the “Big 12” and “Sports Illustrated,” also named him Player of the Year because of his great play this year. This is not all He also won other awards, like the Adolph Rupp Trophy and the John Wooden Award.
— Blake Griffin (@blakegriffin23) January 15, 2022
- After he finished his sophomore year, Blake Griffin said he was open to the NBA draught. In the 2009 NBA draught, he was chosen by the Los Angeles Clippers as the first pick. He played on their Summer League Team.
- He was named Summer League MVP. However, he broke his kneecap in the last preseason game. It was found out that he had a stress fracture, which meant he had to miss the 2009-10 season.
- During the 2010-11 season, Griffin made his first appearance as a player who was still young. He played his first game against the Portland Trail Blazers, and he scored 20 points and had 14 rebounds.
- Because of this, he became the first rookie since 1996–97 to score more than 40 points twice in his first season. That year’s All-Star Game also picked him as a reserve. Since Yao Ming played eight years ago, he became the first rookie to play in the All-Star game since then.
- He also took part in the 2011 Rookie Challenge. During the All-Star break, he won the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, which he did during that time. It said that he was one of the NBA’s 15 best rookies of all time. There were many other things that made him the “Rookie of the Year.” He also led all rookies in points and double-doubles, which won him the award.
- With Chris Paul, Griffin was one of the starters in the 2012 NBA All-Star Game. He did well all season, with an average of 18.0 points and 8.3 rebounds per game, which is good. Though he was also chosen to play for Team USA at the 2012 London Summer Olympics, he was taken off after injuring his knee during a practice season.
- As a player, he scored 24.1 points per game in the 2013-14 season, which was a record for him. He was also chosen as a starter in the NBA All-Star Game, which was his fourth time at an All-Star Game.
- Since 2015, he’s had a lot of injuries that have kept him out of work. He was out for 45 games because of his injuries, but he still played. His performance got better in the 2016-17 season.
- In July 2017, he signed a five-year deal worth $173 million with the Clippers, which he did. Detroit traded him off for him in January of this year.
- His first game was against the Memphis Grizzlies after three days, and it was his first for the team as well. 24 points and five assists led his team to victory over the Memphis Grizzlies, who were down by seven at the start of the game.
Blake Griffin’s Net Worth and Salary
Basketball player Blake Griffin, who is from the US, has a net worth of $110 million. The Los Angeles Clippers were Griffin’s first team, but he moved to the Detroit Pistons in 2018. As a player, he has been to the NBA All-Star game six times.
He has also been a winner of the NBA Slam Dunk Contest and a winner of the NBA Rookie of the Year in the past. He has been called one of the best rookies to ever play in the NBA, and people say that.
Blake made $160 million in the NBA alone in his first decade. In 2018, he earned more than $30 million per season for the first time when the Pistons paid him $32.1 million.
Blake is also one of the highest-paid athletes in the world because he wants to sign deals with companies like Kia, Subway, AT&T, Vizio, and Nike.
Most years, his endorsements bring in $6 to $10 million in income. When you add Blake’s NBA salary to that, he can easily make $35-40 million in a single year.