Basketball player Benjamin David Simmons is from Australia and plays for the NBA’s Brooklyn Nets. He was born on July 20, 1996. In college, he played for the Louisiana State University (LSU) Tigers for one season. After that, he has named a consensus All-American and the USBWA National Freshman of the Year.
- Born on July 20, 1996, Simmons is the son of David Simmons and Julie Simmons. When he was a child, his father Dave was born in the United States. He played basketball for “Oklahoma City University.” Then in 1989, Dave became a professional basketball player. He played for the ‘Melbourne Tigers for 13 years in Australia’s ‘NBL.’
- In 1991, Dave met Julie, a single mother with four kids. After they married in 1994, they had two more kids. There are five older siblings: Mellissa, Emily, Liam, and Sean. Ben Simmons is the youngest of all of them, and he has five older siblings.
- Simms grew up in Newcastle, where his father had been hired as a coach. A team called the ‘Newcastle Hunters’ under-12 representative team started playing basketball when he was 7. He started playing at the age of 7. This isn’t all: He also played junior rugby league for the “Western Suburbs” and for the “Newcastle Rugby League.”
- He came back to Melbourne when he was 10 years old and played for the ‘Knox Raiders.’ His name was not only “Beverley Hills Junior Football Club,” but he was also “best and fairest” in the “Yarra Junior Football League.” Whitefriars College: During grade 7, he joined them. He helped them win the ‘Year 7 Division 1A Basketball Championship’ and was named the MVP of the team.
- In the end, he went with basketball because his football coach didn’t put him in the forward position he wanted, so he went with basketball instead. The Australian Schools Championships were held in 2011 when he was in the 9th grade. He played for Box Hill Senior Secondary College.
- In 2012, he got a scholarship to go to the “Australian Institute of Sport.” The same year, he went to the “Pangos All-American Camp” in the US, which was for basketball prospects.
- Simmons played for Australia at the 2012 FIBA Under-17 World Championship, even though he was only 15 years old at the time. A member of the team helped them win silver in a match against the Czech Republic.
View this post on Instagram
- In January 2013, he started going to Montverde Academy in Montverde, Florida, the United States, where he went to school for a year. It was in April 2013 that he helped the team win over ‘St. Benedicts’ from New Jersey.
- For the ‘Bulleen Boomers’ of Big V, he came back to Melbourne in June 2013 and played six games (the semi-professional basketball league in Victoria).
- Junior year of high school He was back in the “Montverde academy” for the 2013-2014 season. He and his team won the “High School National Tournament” 71-62 over “Oak Hill Academy.” Simmons was named MVP.
- There were 100 basketball players from all over the country at the National Basketball Players’ Association Top 100 Camp. He was named MVP and the best high school junior in the United States.
- At the end of 2014, Simmons signed a “National Letter of Intent” (NLI) to play for “Louisiana State University.” The NLI means he will play for the “National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) colleges in the United States” (LSU).
- During McDonald’s All-American Game in January 2015, he was on the ‘East Team’ for the 38th time. In March 2015, he was given three very important awards. He led the Eagles to a 28-1 record and a spot in the ‘National High School Tournament.’
- It was soon after the game that he led the “Montverde Academy” to win their third consecutive “High School National Tournament” title. He was named MVP for the three-day tournament because he led the team to the title. He was on the ‘World Team’ in the ‘2015 Nike Hoop Summit’ and they beat the ‘Team USA’ 103-101. In 2015, he was named the best player in the country.
- He began his career with the “LSU Tigers” on a pre-season tour of Australia. The LSU team won the five-game tour with a 3-2 record, and he played in all of them. He was named a pre-season player because of how well he played.
- His first game of the season was in November 2015, and he led LSU to victory. There were three awards for him at the end of the season. He was first-team, ‘All-Southeastern Conference’, and freshman of the year of the league. The LSU team didn’t have a very good season in the regular season.
- In the post-season ‘2016 SEC Tournament,’ the LSU team did not do well, and Simmons could not get the ‘LSU Tigers into the NCAA Tournament.
- Their head coach, Johnny Jones, said the ‘LSU Tigers would not play in any post-season games. Simms walked out of the university in March 2016, giving up his last three years of college to do so.
- He also said that his name would be used in the 2016 NBA Draft. Questions were raised about him before the “2016 NBA Draft.” They were also put aside by Brett Brown, who used to be an “Australian National Team” coach.
- He’s a friend of the Simmons family and used to be an “Australian National Team” coach. In June 2016, the ‘Philadelphia 76ers’ chose Simmons with the first pick in the 2016 draught.
View this post on Instagram
- His contract with the Philadelphia 76ers was signed in July 2016. He played in the NBA Summer League for the ‘2016 NBA Summer League,’ which took place in 2016. Though his game wasn’t up to par, his overall abilities earned him praise and a spot on the ‘All-Las Vegas Summer League First Team.’
- In September 2016, he broke the fifth metatarsal bone on the right side of his right foot during training camp. That season, he couldn’t play.
- After missing the whole season, he played his first game in the NBA in October 2017. In the first few games alone, he broke a lot of records. This is how he helped his team finish the season. They ended up with the third seed in the “Eastern Conference Playoffs.”
- Because of this, he was named “Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month” for a third straight month. After he was named ‘NBA Rookie of the Year and was on the ‘NBA All-Rookie First Team,’ he was given the title.
— NBA (@NBA) July 20, 2021
Ben Simmons Net Worth
Ben Simmons is a $6 million Australian professional basketball player. Ben Simmons was born in July 1996 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. He is a 6’10” point guard and forward who attended Montverde Academy in high school, where he was named Mr. Basketball USA, Gatorade Player of the Year, Naismith Prep Player of the Year, McDonald’s All-American, and Parade All-American first team in 2015.
Simmons attended LSU and was named the SEC Freshman of the Year, USBWA National Freshman of the Year, first-team All-SEC, and consensus first-team All-American in 2016. The Philadelphia 76ers selected him first overall in the 2016 NBA Draft.
Simmons was the NBA Rookie of the Year and a member of the NBA All-Rookie First Team in 2018 and was a 2019 NBA All-Star. He immigrated to the United States in 2013, during his senior year of high school.